An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer with the ability to create robust & functional design solutions to industrial problems. Working to improve efficiency and quality of machines, you will complete designs on production machinery and equipment used in the cold roll forming manufacturing process.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Produce concept designs/ideas for mechanical plant and equipment, using 2D Auto cad & 3D Inventor software.
- Produce designs of hydraulic/pneumatic circuits.
- Produce mechanical specifications.
- Design and detail project components using drawing office standards
- Project planning, including quoting and costing and the ability to purchase mechanical equipment, at the best price whilst ensuring the project is delivered to the required standards within the budget and timescales set.
- Act as Hadley Group Technology customer liaison for mechanical design enquiries.
- Attend projects meetings.
- Liaise with customers to resolve technical issues.
- Design machinery in accordance with the CE Machinery Directive and OSHA standards
- Manage projects delivered on-time, in full, and within budget
- Demonstrate continual innovation of design
Qualifications and Experience
- A strong engineering background with previous experience gained in a mechanical design based role
- NVQ/BTEC or HND in an engineering related discipline, a degree would be desirable
- A high level of competence with 2D & 3D CAD Packages, ideally AutoCAD & Autodesk Inventor
- Ability to draw, read and interpret complex engineering drawings, GA’s and fully understand geometric tolerances
- Knowledge of milling, turning, drilling, grinding and fabrication manufacturing processes
- Basic electrical understanding
- Knowledge of Pneumatics & Hydraulics
- Ability to work to deadlines and deliver results within a fast-moving, quality conscious manufacturing business.
- The successful candidate must have eligibility to work in the UK and without sponsorship