We are currently recruiting an IT Business Analyst to provide a first class level of support to the business and work closely with ICT colleagues in identifying and implementing new IT solutions which underpin value-added business process improvements. You will also provide 2nd/3rd line service desk support where required, providing specialist knowledge to in-house applications and 3rd party application services. It is essential that you are conversant with Infor LN / Baan IV ERP system.
- Provide application support, design, configuration and maintenance on business systems by becoming an expert in the architecture and functionality of applications.
- Work with the business to understand issues and requirements, deliver technical changes and control quality, time, cost and writing/maintaining support documentation.
- Proactively identify and propose application system changes, better uses, enhancements and developments where this will drive efficiencies for IT and improvements for users.
- Work with appropriate business personnel to construct, propose and justify business process improvement projects, defining project requirements, scope and deliverables.
- Assist in defining user test scripts and acceptance criteria on projects within the business areas supported.
- Resolve assigned support calls efficiently using ITIL aligned processes
- Educated to degree level in an IT related field, alternatively BCS business analysis/qualification would be desirable
- Previous technical experience in an IT related role which includes fault finding and resolution
- Excellent problem analysis, system design, troubleshooting and resolution skills
- Proficient in supporting multiple applications and systems
- Knowledge of SQL databases
- Ideally within commuting distance to Smethwick, however we can offer remote/ flexible working