A new opportunity has arisen for a Health & Safety Officer who will be responsible for contributing in the effective management and control of projects in all areas of compliance across the production, delivery and construction of steel framing.
The role will require construction site based visits as well as managing safety at our panel production facility and therefore the successful candidate must be flexible and willing to travel and hold a valid driving license.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide a professional advisory service on areas of compliance including Health & Safety and Asbestos.
- Provide an effective compliant service for all notifiable and non CDM notifiable projects.
- Coordinate all the health and safety aspects related to construction sites and steel framing production.
- Liaise and collaborate with the customer’s Main Contractor, Hadley Group Contract Managers, Site Managers and Quantity Surveyors on all safety related matters.
- Build a construction specific Health & Safety management system and complete audits as required.
- Investigate accidents and cascade learnings throughout the organisation, writing reports and providing analysis to feed into the business strategy.
- Complete safety reviews on contracts from pre-start through to handover.
- Liaise and manage the Building Safety Group (BSG) membership, internal inspections and ensure their Best Practice tools are utilised.
- Manage the production of internal, or reviewing of sub-contractors Risk Assessment and Method Statements (RAMS).
Qualifications and Experience
- NEBOSH National certificate in Construction Health & Safety
- CSCS card holder or in a position to immediately obtain
- Knowledge and experience of CDM
- Experience in assessing /auditing construction sites
- Experience in liaising on construction projects from pre-start to handover
- Working knowledge of BSG reports and RAMS tools
- Knowledge with relevant property, construction, health & safety legislation and associated risks and hazards
- Previous experience gained within a similar role
You can also apply by sending your CV to the following HR email address: firstname.lastname@example.org