An opportunity has arisen within HGT for an Engineering Parts Coordinator who will be responsible for working with the Engineering, Service and Assembly groups as a liaison between departments and vendors in order to help the division meet project schedules, reduce project costs and improve department efficiency.
This role will require you to work Monday – Thursday 8:30am-5:00pm & Friday 8.30-4:00pm.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure purchasing is carried out and delivery dates are met.
- Responsible for booking in deliveries & returns and booking out project & spares usage.
- Liaise with suppliers relating to progress of parts, ensuring any issues or discrepancies are communicated to relevant colleagues/departments and resolved in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all goods inwards/outwards are managed efficiently and stored/transported safely.
- Promptly deliver goods to buyers/relevant departments.
- Maintain documentation relating to suppliers and shipments so information can be easily retrieved if required.
- Monitor and review goods held either awaiting collection or shipment to ensure that they are moved in a timely manner
- Prepare goods for despatch and ship to relevant departments both within the UK and internationally.
- Liaise with suppliers to arrange items for repair including delivery and locating critical items to support breakdowns.
- Monitor & maintain stock levels, ensuring an acceptable level critical group items are maintained
- Inspect delivered items to ensure the quantity, weight & dimensions match the purchase order.
- Responsible for housekeeping and ensuring that working area and goods inwards area is kept clean and tidy at all times.
Qualifications and Experience
- A valid FLT and Driving license is essential for this role
- Previous experience in Stores, Goods In or Despatch advantageous
- Forklift truck driving and crane operation experience
- Able to use imitative and problem solve
- Good attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- PC Literate – familiar with MS packages and ERP system