We have an opportunity for a CNC Programmer Setter Operator to join our Technology Centre , you will produce accurate machined milled parts to specific standards, on-time, maintaining quality, tolerances, and safety standards, within budget based on the project plan and in order to improve the efficiency and quality of products.
You will be required to work a nightshift for this position: Monday- Thursday 8pm – 6am.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Use CNC machines to their maximum efficiency within the constraints of the manufacturer’s operating instructions.
- Increase the current capacity of the existing machines, ensuring the order of work gives maximum machine utilisation.
- Assist in the development of new and existing manufacturing processes and procedures to optimise performance.
- Assist in ensuring correct tool management and selection is always achieved.
- Accurately produce CNC programs for the machining of in-house and sub-contracted parts.
- Use methods of continuous improvement during manufacturing to set the foundation and benchmark for future production improvements.
- Accurately read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Accurately read and use all available types of measuring equipment to ensure products are within tolerance and of high quality selecting the most efficient method of manufacture.
- Train other personnel in use of machining software.
- Train/provide an appreciation of the role to apprentices in order to improve their skills and motivation
- Develop and adopt SOP and TPM methods of working, reporting any issues to Supervision/Management.
- Strive to improve current operating methods to reduce cost or increase efficiency adapting to using new technology when it is available.
- Ensure all equipment is operated safely in view of operators and any other personnel
- Feedback to designers all errors, modifications, re-work and other appropriate information to alert them to the issues you experienced and provide constructive input to resolving the issue in future at design stage to prevent reoccurrence.
- Ensure all equipment used is appropriately maintained and report any concerns to your Supervisor or Management.
- Provide cover for existing CNC operators when required or deemed necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Time served apprentice with a strong, robust engineering background, preferably within the cold roll forming industry/toolmaking/turning/Milling environment.
• Able to set and operate Heidenhain & Winmax control machines, and edit programmes.
• Experience programming CNC Machines essential.
• Able to accurately read and interpret complex engineering drawings.
• Able to accurately read and use measuring equipment.
• Experience /knowledge with EdgeCAM would be highly advantageous.
• Experience using machinery such as Millers, Lathes, Surface Grinders, Pillar Drillers.
• Able to adapt to new technology, machinery and equipment.
You can also apply by sending your CV to the following HR email address: firstname.lastname@example.org